Are you a highly motivated high school student who wants to earn credit toward your college degree? CVCC offers accelerated credit for students with a 3.0 or better grade point average. If a course you wish to take is not required for high school graduation, you can pursue accelerated college credit while you are still in high school.
Accelerated Credit eligibility
- Have successfully completed the 9th grade
- Have a cumulative (unweighted) high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Meet the admission requirements of the College for the academic or career technical program selected
- Provide a completed Accelerated Credit Application (along with all required documentation)
- Provide current high school transcript as documentation of the student’s cumulative grade average
- Provide the Statement of Eligibility for Dual Enrollment for Accelerated Credit /Authorization for Release of Records (with required signatures)
- Provide ACT or SAT scores or take the College placement test to determine placement in English, and math courses and meet pre-requisites for all approved course(s) at CVCC.