Welcome to the Chattahoochee Valley Community College family. All of us the Financial Aid Office are excited to welcome you to CVCC and are committed to helping you navigate the financial aid process. We understand the challenges that come with paying for college, and are here to help you.
Helpful Tips and Reminders
- When completing the FAFSA, we recommend using the IRS data retrieval tool.
- The FAFSA must be completed every year.
- In general, it takes three to five business days for a submitted FAFSA application to reach the Financial Aid Office.
- Federal Student Aid (Pell Grants and Direct Loans) cannot be used or disbursed prior to 10 days before the first day of classes for that payment period.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current academic year to be automatically considered for federal, state and institutional financial aid programs. Include CVCC’s federal school code 012182 on the application
- Apply for admissions at CVCC.
- The federal processor will send you a confirmation email and a Student Aid Report (SAR) which provides basic information about your eligibility for federal student aid. When the Financial Aid Office receives the application, we will send the student a letter requesting additional information, if needed. Information on how to request a student loan will be included.
- Once all documents have been received and processed, or if the application comes in without any other forms necessary, the Financial Aid Office will email the student a notification of the award letter that contains the offered financial aid award(s) and amount(s).
- Students may use their Pell Grant to charge books at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore located across the street from Wilson Hall on campus at the beginning of the semester. If a student receives his/her Pell award after the term has begun, the student will receive his/her financial aid balance within two weeks.
- If your family has experience any financial difficulties, please contact the Financial Aid Office for personal assistance.