Welcome to your Career Path in Adult Education!
CVCC’s Adult Education program provides educational services to help students become career ready in a friendly, supportive environment. Our programs help students reach their goals and advance their employability skills.
- earn your GED with us FOR FREE
- gain credentials that will help you get a better job
- obtain higher levels of education and training at no cost to you
To be eligible for Adult Education you must be:
- at least 16 years of age
- not enrolled or required to be enrolled in secondary school under state law; and:
- lack sufficient mastery of basic educational skills to function effectively in society;
- not have a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent, or have not achieved an equivalent level of education or
- unable to speak, read, write or comprehend the English language.
Eligible students must live, work or be enrolled in postsecondary education in Alabama. An exception to this qualification is if the student resides in Georgia but is referred by an Alabama Career Center to our program. Note: There is an Alabama Career Center on the CVCC campus in Brassell Hall -132.