Program Application Information
- Link to Digital Application
- Application Available: Annually, each December
- Application Deadline: Annually, each March
- Program Start: Annually, each August
The Alabama Community College System A.A.S. in Nursing – Direct Entry program is a seamless 5-semester curriculum with the opportunity to earn stackable credentials:
- AL Nurse Aide Certification (CNA) Exam Eligibility
Following successful completion of NUR112: Fundamental Concepts of Nursing, or the first semester of the 5-semester curriculum, the student will be qualified to apply to take the Alabama Nurse Aide Certification Exam.
- AL Medication Aide Certification (MACE) Exam Eligibility
Following successful completion of NUR113: Nursing Concepts I, or the second semester of the 5-semester curriculum, the student will be qualified to apply to take the Alabama Medication Aide Certification Exam.
- Certificate – Practical Nursing (PN)
Following successful completion of the third semester of the 5-semester curriculum, the student will be eligible to apply for the practical nursing certificate and sit for the National Council Licensure Examination: NCLEX-PN.
- A.A.S. – Associate of Applied Science in Nursing