The mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness is to provide leadership and assistance in developing and overseeing the institutional processes for planning, assessment, evaluation, and using feedback for continuous improvement to fulfill the College’s mission and goals.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness will fulfill its mission by ensuring that:
- The Mission Statement of the College is comprehensive, concise, and clearly states its purpose, as reflected in the results of the educational, research, and public service programs of the institution;
- The goals and objectives at all levels are consistent with the institution’s purpose;
- Procedures for evaluating the extent to which these educational goals are being achieved are comprehensive, systematic, integrative, reliable, and are utilized at all levels of the institution;
- Evaluation results are used for continuous improvement of educational programs, services, and operations of the institution; and
The College is in compliance with all requirements of SACSCOC and other accreditors for accreditation purposes.
- To assist with institutional planning, developing, and implementing operational plans and assessment activities that align with College and departmental missions and goals.
- Suggest various evaluation or assessment methods and procedures
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of assessment data and results
- Monitor and assist with the update of annual Unit Plans.
- To encourage the College community to use the DSI resources and data to advance the College’s mission and goals as they relate to teaching, research, and public service.
- Facilitate institutional effectiveness workshops for division/department/functional units
- Assist all functional units with the identification of strategies and assessment measures to accomplish operational objectives and learning outcomes