In the event that CVCC should experience the need for any classes to transition to remote online instruction, students will be provided with details pertaining to the Adult Education Program’s remote instructional plan, which outlines the course objectives necessary for obtaining a GED in a remote environment.
The mission of the Adult Education Division is to improve the educational levels of adults by providing academic instruction that leads to stronger literacy skills, successful completion of the GED Exam and ASVAB score improvement, which are the gateways to postsecondary education, skilled employment and life-long learning.
CVCC is excited to offer FREE Adult Education opportunities in the following areas:
- Basic Skills (English, Math, Reading, Social Studies, Science)
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Preparation for the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Batter (ASVAB)
- Preparation for the ACCUPLACER test
- Preparation for the General Educational Development (GED) high school equivalency test
- Alabama Non-Traditional High School Diploma Option (HSDO) Program
- Preparation for the WorkKeys test
- Eligible students must live, work, or be enrolled in postsecondary education in Alabama. Proof of residency is required.
- Must meet the age requirement of 17 years or above
- All 17 year olds must be officially withdrawn from their previously attended school and submit an Exit Interview form signed by the Principal, Superintendent or Headmaster
- Not enrolled in secondary school
- Not required to be enrolled in secondary school
- Lacks secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent, or has not achieved an equivalent level of education; or
- Is unable to speak, read, or write the English language
Application: Click Enrollment Form
Instruction Style: Students are able to learn and progress at their own rate using a variety of methods including individual study, small group learning, and one-on-one instructor attention.
ASVAB: Assistance is available for men and women who are studying for the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test.
GED Testing: The GED test is administered by the Counseling & Advising Office, and information on test times and dates are available here.
GED Graduation: Each spring, there is a GED Graduation to honor our participants who earn their GED.
GED Transcripts: Visit the GED Testing Services website at www.ged.com
Alabama Non-Traditional High School Diploma Options (HSDO Program: The HSDO program offers assistance to students who attended high school in Alabama earned all of the required credits needed to earn a high school diploma but did not pass all sections of the Alabama High School Graduation Exam and students who earned a minimum of 10 or more credits from a high school in Alabama and require additional credits needed to earn a high school diploma. Upon successful completion of the HSDO program and the requirements outlined by the previous high school an official recommendation will be made to the local superintendent for conferring of the high school diploma. Information about enrolling in the HSDO Program can be found here. Print a copy of the HSDO Transcript Audit Form Request here to get the process started.
WorkKeys Certification: This certification provides evidence to prospective employers that you have the skills and abilities to perform an entry-level job successfully. More information is available here.
TRACK: Technical Readiness + Academics = Career Knowledge… Chattahoochee Valley Community College’s TRACK program wants to help make sure your track is the career pathway to success for you. CVCC’s TRACK allows dual enrollment in GED prep classes and college coursework in welding, industrial maintenance, HVAC or Nursing Assistant. Financial Aid is available to help with college credit coursework. Call CVCC’s career pathway specialist today and find your TRACK at 334-214-4869. More information is available here.
|Laodecea Seay||Director of Adult Education
|Dr. LaKerri Mack||Instructional Coordinator
|Tommy Davis||Adult Education Instructor
|Robin Rudd||Secretary, Adult Education