Additional Instructional and Student Support Resources
The College will make every effort to assist students and faculty in the implementation of this “come-back” plan. The following are resources available to students and faculty:
- Tutoring: The Tutoring Center will provide tutoring in English, math and science. Tutoring services are available through email, virtually through Microsoft Teams, and in person. Students can walk in for in person tutoring or schedule an in person tutoring session at https://cv.libguides.com/tutoring/home. The virtual tutoring sessions are available at https://cv.libguides.com/tutoring/home. For tutoring through email, use the following email addresses:
Students must use their student email when scheduling tutoring sessions or email tutoring. Additionally, Tutor.com is available in all Blackboard classes 24 hours, seven days a week, for tutoring sessions outside the Tutoring Centers’ operational hours.
- Tech Support: The CVCC Pirate IT Crew will provide virtual IT assistance for students through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students may also visit the Pirate IT Crew office located in the IPAC, Room 205.
- The online learning department has provided information pertinent to online instruction via the online learning web page at https://www.cv.edu/onlinelearning/.
- Tutorial videos as well as training have been provided for faculty to ensure success in online instruction.
- Learning Resources Center. The Learning Resource Center will open for normal operations and will also be accessible online providing Lib guides, eBooks, electronic databases and access to the Alabama Virtual Library (AVL) for instruction. LRC Chat with Librarian Web link: https://www.cv.edu/learning-resource-center-lrc/ or text questions to 334-230-5184. Other resources are as follows: