For information regarding financial aid status, students should contact the Financial Aid Office at (334) 291-4914 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If calls are not answered immediately, please email the office directly at email@example.com for assistance. Please allow 24-48 business hours for a response. Financial Aid information is available at students’ fingertips 24/7 through Pirate Web. Students may also visit the campus to obtain assistance. Additional information may be obtained as follows:
- Prospective or New Students. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at studentaid.gov.
- When completing the FAFSA, using the IRS Data Retrieval is highly recommended.
- Students will need to create a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) online at studentaid.gov during the application process.
- CVCC’s school code for the FAFSA is 012182.
- If you are planning to attend fall semester, the 2022-2023 FAFSA should be completed. Once the FAFSA is received, the Financial Aid Office will contact you via email regarding your status.
- If you are having issues completing your FAFSA or need help with your FSA ID, please contact the FAFSA Hotline at 1-800-433-3243.
- Returning Students. To receive an award, all students must check their financial aid status by accessing their Pirate Web account.
- To access your Pirate Web account, your username will be your student email address and your password will be !CVCCMMDDYY. If you have issues accessing your account, please call 334-291-4923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The MMDDYY will be the student’s birthday.
- In Pirate Web, you can see documents are required, view financial aid charges, and posted grades (when available).
- If you have any concerns, you may contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Contacting Staff and Sending Financial Aid Office Documents. The Financial Aid staff is available on campus during normal office hours, so students may deliver documents in person. To acquire forms, visit https://www.cv.edu/student-forms/.
- Print the forms, complete them, and deliver or mail them to the Financial Aid Office or scan or take a digital photo of the form(s) and submit them via email at email@example.com.
- For questions, you may contact the Financial Aid Office at 334-291-4914, via fax at 334-214-4839, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please ensure that your name and student ID is clearly noted on each form.
- Refunds and Disbursements. To check on disbursement, students should go to Pirate Web > Student Tab > Student Landing Page > Financial Aid Dashboard > Award Year (Select current award year from drop down menu) > Award Offer Tab.
- If you are awaiting a loan disbursement, you can find your disbursement dates on your disclosure statement.
To access your disclosure statement, you will log on to https://studentaid.gov/ using your FSA ID. Click on your account, and select “View Your Documents.” Select “My Correspondence,” and you will be able to choose “Disclosure Statement.” Your Disclosure Statement will list the dates on the first page. Generally, you should receive your funds within 2-3 business days from the date listed. If you do not receive your funds, contact the financial aid office at 334-291-4914 or via email at email@example.com.