FOCUS2 is designed to walk you through the beginning steps of your career planning process. You can review any parts of the system at any stage in your process.
How to Setup Your FOCUS2 ACCOUNT and Log In
You will need the following access code to register: pirates
- Step 1: Create your account by accessing the CVCC FOCUS2 registration page.
- Step 2: Please remember, you will need the access code to register; the access code is: pirates
- Step 3: Complete your registration by creating an account. When asked to select “how were you referred to FOCUS 2, please select the correct course, workshop or other option from the list.
- Step 4: After creating an account, the system will prompt you to begin the assessment.
- Step 1: Log in to the FOCUS2 Portal.
- Step 2: Enter your username and password
- Step 3: After you log in FOCUS2, you will be led to your Dashboard
- Step 4: If you forget your username and/or password, go to FOCUS2 forgot password page to have this information automatically sent to your email.
My Career Planning Readiness
A self-assessment tool that helps you determine where you stand on the path of your career
My Academic Strengths
A self-assessment tool that helps you determine where your academic strengths and weakness exist. Recognizing your academic strengths will bring you one step closer to pursuing a satisfying area of study and career path.
Used to help you learn more about how your personality, skills, values and what you enjoy doing in your free time which can lead to your career path.
The following are under the Self-Assessment:
- Work Interest: will identify occupations and tasks you most enjoy
- Personality: matches your personality type to compatible occupations
- Skills: identify occupations that match your profile
- Values: identify occupations that are compatible with your work values
- Leisure Interest: identify occupations that provide opportunities and activities compatible with your leisure preference
- Combine: the results from the assessments and give a table of the top careers that best suit student’s answers
Explore the Possibilities
Used to help students browse different career and occupations. The following are under “Explore the Possibilities:
- What can I do with a program offered at CVCC?
- Explore any Area of Study
- Explore any Occupation
- Explore Occupation by Job Family
- Compare 2 Occupations Side by Side
Assist you by organizing your educational and professional development activities in preparation for resume creation, transfer applications, and/or job search activities.
Education and Planning Results
Keeps track and produce a summary of your saved career preferences and assessment results. The following is under My Career and Education Planning Results:
- My Saved Occupations
- My Saved Majors
- Review and Print My Portfolio
- Understanding My FOCUS2 Results
Once you complete FOCUS2 assessment, it is highly recommended that you schedule an appointment by emailing Career Services Center, email@example.com or use the following link BOOKING to schedule.