- Go online to https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current academic year to be automatically considered for federal, state and institutional financial aid programs. Include CVCC’s federal school code 012182 on the application
- Apply for admissions at CVCC (link to admissions page).
- The federal processor will send you a confirmation email and a Student Aid Report (SAR) which provides basic information about your eligibility for federal student aid. When the Financial Aid Office receives the application, we will send the student a letter requesting additional information, if needed. Information on how to request a student loan will be included.
- Once all documents have been received and processed, or if the application comes in without any other forms necessary, the Financial Aid Office will email the student a notification of the award letter that contains the offered financial aid award(s) and amount(s).
- Students may use their Pell Grant to charge books at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore located across the street from Wilson Hall on campus at the beginning of the semester. If a student receives his/her Pell award after the term has begun, the student will receive his/her financial aid balance within two weeks.