To apply for Financial Aid at Chattahoochee Valley Community College, the following steps are required:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online for the academic year you plan to attend CVCC with our federal school code 012182. (Also, using the IRS Data Retrieval on the FAFSA is highly recommended.)
- Complete the Admissions Application online, and follow up with Admissions for any required documents, i.e. all official transcripts, photo id, and other related documents.
If a student is eligible, he/she will receive an award letter indicating the amount of award.
- Go online to fafsa.ed.gov to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current academic year. Include Chattahoochee Valley Community College’s federal school code 012182 on the application.
- Complete the general admission application for Chattahoochee Valley Community College. Submit a copy of photo ID and official transcripts for high school and all colleges attended to the Admissions department.
- The federal processor will send you a confirmation of your processed financial aid application. Once the Financial Aid Office receives the application, the Financial Aid Office will send the student a letter requesting any additional information if needed. This includes loan offer/acceptance letter.
- Once all the documents have been received and processed, the Financial Aid Office will send the student an award letter listing their financial aid award(s) and amount(s). At this time, students will be able to charge their tuition and fees, based on their award amount, in the Business Office.
- At the beginning of each semester, students can use their Pell Grant to charge books at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore Troy University Phenix City campus. If a student receives their Pell award after the term has begun, then the student will receive the balance of their financial aid within two weeks.
Helpful Tips and Reminders
- When completing the FAFSA, the office recommends using the IRS data retrieval tool.
- In general, it takes three to five business days for a submitted FAFSA application to reach the Financial Aid Office.
Financial Aid Forms
Financial aid forms can be located under Student Resources-Student Forms, on this website. Click here to be redirected to forms.
In an ongoing effort to provide student-friendly services, please provide information on your most recent experience with our office using the Financial Aid Office Customer Service Survey.