Greetings Pirate Family:
As we work to navigate the uncharted waters surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we hope that you and your families are taking appropriate precautionary measures to stay safe and healthy. By now you have received several correspondences designed to keep you abreast of related information and we hope you will pay close attention to our web site for future updates.
Our goal is to always be transparent and sensitive to the needs of our students, faculty, and staff as we traverse through this uncertain time. I have great confidence in our state, our country and most importantly the Pirate Family and I am encouraged that we will overcome this monumental challenge. I remind all of you that first and foremost, we are Pirates and it is times like this that require us to work together as a family. We ask that you be patient and flexible in this process.
The College leadership has worked day and night to ensure that we are prepared to safeguard the continuity and integrity of our instructional and related services. To this end, we have completed the following:
- Identified a COVID-19 Response Team who will serve in a leadership role in the implementation of a plan for modified service delivery moving forward.
- Developed a COVID-19 Modified Instructional and Service Delivery Plan and have received approval from the Alabama Community College System Office for dissemination. The updated plan addresses remote instructional and service delivery as well as advisement and registration steps, financial aid information, and additional resources.
- Notified our accreditation entities of our approved modified instructional plan.
- Met with the instructional leadership team to finalize the transition to an alternative and electronic mode of instruction.
- Provided resources and tools to our students and faculty to enhance their success as we work in an online and remote environment.
- Implemented an extensive cleaning process of college facilities, cars, and buses.
- Developed a Web page containing information that may be useful to students, faculty, and staff.
- Acquired appropriate equipment to ensure remote service delivery.
- In keeping with guidance provided by federal and state officials, the College has cancelled or postponed certain in-person meetings and events involving ten or more external stakeholders until further notice. Additionally, a face mask requirement has been imposed.
- To assist students with the registration process, appointments may be made with various College offices. Students should refer to the appropriate plan to the right of the screen for details.
As this situation is ever-changing, we will do our best to keep the Pirate Family informed. In the meantime, please remain vigilant and follow directives provided by state, federal and College officials. Finally, if you experience any instructional or service delivery issues during this time, please notify appropriate College officials and we will do our best to address your concerns.
Thank you and stay Pirate strong!