The mission of the Division of Strategic Initiatives is to oversee the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, the Office of Institutional Advancement and Alumni Relations, and Office of Institutional Research to ensure the mission of each office is accomplished to fulfill the College’s mission and goals.
Office of Institutional Effectiveness
The mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness is to provide leadership and assistance in developing and overseeing the institutional processes for planning, assessment, evaluation, and using feedback for continuous improvement to fulfill the College’s mission and goals.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness will fulfill its mission by ensuring that:
- The Mission Statement of the College is comprehensive, concise, and clearly states its purpose, as reflected in the results of the educational, research, and public service programs of the institution;
- The goals and objectives at all levels are consistent with the institution’s purpose;
- Procedures for evaluating the extent to which these educational goals are being achieved are comprehensive, systematic, integrative, reliable, and are utilized at all levels of the institution;
- Evaluation results are used for continuous improvement of educational programs, services, and operations of the institution; and
- The College is in compliance with all requirements of SACSCOC and other accreditors for accreditation purposes.
1. To assist with institutional planning, developing, and implementing operational plans and assessment activities that align with College and departmental missions and goals.
- Suggest various evaluation or assessment methods and procedures
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of assessment data and results
- Monitor and assist with the update of annual Unit Plans
2. To encourage the College community to use the DSI resources and data to advance the College’s mission and goals as they relate to teaching, research, and public service.
- Facilitate institutional effectiveness workshops for division/department/functional units
- Assist all functional units with the identification of strategies and assessment measures to accomplish operational objectives and learning outcomes
Office of Institutional Research
The mission of the Office of Institutional Research is to conduct institutional research and assessment, and to use the results for continuous improvement in the attainment of the College’s mission and goals.
To accomplish the mission, the Office of Institutional Research strives to:
- Provide accurate, effective research and assessment data to support requests
- Ensure the selection, development or adaptation of assessment instruments appropriate to the functional unit
- To provide information and access to data that relate to the College’s institutional effectiveness.
- Maintain/modify and implement the institutional effectiveness assessment cycle
- Coordinate and administer assessment instruments such as surveys and questionnaires to accomplish the institutional assessment cycle
- Aid in the timely collection and analysis of institutional-related data
- Respond in a timely manner to internal and external requests for data
- Analyze, summarize, disseminate, and update assessment data and institutional reports annually, and post on the Division of Strategic Initiatives webpage
Office of Institutional Advancement and Alumni Relations
The mission of the Office of Institutional Advancement and Alumni Relations is to collaborate with faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, external stakeholders, and the community at-large of Chattahoochee Valley Community College (CVCC) to promote the mission of the College.
To accomplish this mission, the Office strives to:
- Cultivate strong meaningful relationships
- Communicate achievement/developments
- Engage the broader community to invest philanthropically in the needs and priorities of the College
- Build financial resources to support CVCC students, faculty, programs, and services.
Expand awareness about the College’s educational mission, programs, and achievements.
- Mobilize trustees, alumni, current and prospective students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of CVCC to support the College with their time, talent, and financial resources.
- Develop understanding and support among the various constituencies of CVCC in order to secure the resources required to fulfill CVCC’s educational mission.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Office to provide integrated marketing communications focusing on consistent messages and identity, public affairs, publications, advertising, and online communication.
- Establish long-lasting community relationships to provide a rigorous fund development, stewardship, and alumni and parent relations program through partnerships and the philanthropy of alumni, family, friends, corporations, faculty and staff.
- Work closely with the CVCC Foundation, which is composed of community and business leaders, to secure gifts, grants, and external funding to support student success.
The IA office is led by the Coordinator of Institutional Advancement, who manages the following areas:
- CVCC Foundation —Exists for the sole purpose of providing support for programs and activities, which enhance the quality of education and expand the educational opportunities for students enrolled at CVCC. The Foundation is entrusted with securing and developing resources to assist the college by procuring private support from individuals, corporations, and alumni for direct support of our students and to advance the college mission, vision and goals.
- Foundation Scholarship Administration – Promotes scholarships, manages existing scholarship programs, and seeks new scholarship funding opportunities for CVCC students.
- Alumni Relations/Friends of CVCC– Supports the College’s mission through interaction with current and former students, and cultivates a professional network of individuals who champion the growth of CVCC. Works to maintain effective relationships among the College, its alumni, their family and friends.
- Grant Development – Assists faculty and staff in seeking and developing competitive grant proposals to provide external resources for college initiatives; provides research on corporations, foundations, individuals, and government agencies whose interests correspond with the priorities and programs of the College, and who are able to assist the college in meeting its development goal of providing an affordable, excellent education.
- Donor Relations– Collaborates with the Marketing Office to effectively communicate with external constituents. Increases public awareness and appreciation of CVCC to prospective and current donors, and key constituents to cultivate long-lasting relationships to support Major Gifts, Planned Gifts and fundraising priorities as identified by the President, the Cabinet, and the CVCC Foundation.
|RoseMary Watkins, Ph.D.||Director, Strategic Initiatives
|Connie Armstrong||Administrative Assistant
|David Fletcher||Coordinator, Institutional Advancement
|Saundra Noles||Data Manager, Institutional Research