An applicant who has not previously attended any regionally or Council on Occupational Education accredited postsecondary institution will be designated a first-time college student or a native student.

Individuals are eligible for admission to courses creditable toward an associate degree or certificate when the following required admission documentation is submitted:

  • Admission application
  • Primary form of identification
  • Proof of high school graduation
  • Official transcript – high school or GED
  • Official transcript(s) – all other colleges attended, ACT scores
  • Students who have achieved a minimum of a Baccalaureate degree are only required to submit a transcript from the granting institution

Transfer students
  • Students who have previously attended another duly (Regional) accredited postsecondary institution will be considered transfer students.
  • Students must complete an application for admission and are required to furnish official high school or GED transcripts and transcripts of all work attempted at all said institutions.
  • Transfer students on academic or disciplinary suspension from another college or university must submit a written request for admission to the College Admissions Committee.

Transient students
  • A student who attended another postsecondary institution and who seeks credit for transfer to that parent institution may be admitted as a transient student.
  • The student must submit an application for admission and an official letter from the institution that certifies that the credit earned at the College will be accepted as a part of the student’s academic program

International students

To be admitted to Chattahoochee Valley Community College, an international student must submit the following documents no later than 3 months prior to semester of anticipated enrollment:

  • Application for admission to the college.
  • International student application packet.
  • Official copy of high school and college academic transcript (transcripts must be translated in English by an organization affiliated with the National Association of Credential
  • Evaluation Services; see naces.org.
  • A visa acceptable to the United States.
  • A current and valid passport.
  • Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores for non-English speaking countries:
    • Paper based minimum score – 500
    • Computer-based minimum score – 173
    • Internet-based minimum score – 61
    • International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score of 5.5
  • A signed, notarized copy affidavit of financial support that includes a current bank statement from the person or persons who assumes full financial support.
  • Receipt of payment of I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee.
  • Documentation demonstrating adequate health and life insurance, including evacuation repatriation benefits, which must be maintained during all periods of enrollment and summer vacation.

An acceptance letter and an I-20 will be mailed to the student once all required documents are received. The student should take these documents to the nearest U. S. Embassy or Consulate to apply for a student (F-1) visa.

Accelerated high school students
  • A student who meets the provisions of State policy which stipulates that a student may enroll who has completed the tenth grade, has a cumulative “B” average and has been recommended by the local principal. The student may enroll in academic career courses for which he/she has completed high school prerequisites.
  • The Chancellor may grant exceptions for students documented as gifted and talented (Alabama Code 290-8-9-12).

Dual-enrollment/dual-credit high school students
  • Dual-enrollment/dual-credit high school offerings allow eligible high school students in grades ten, eleven and twelve to enroll in college classes concurrently with high school classes either on the college campus or at the high school and receive both high school and college credit. Students must have a mininum cumulative (unweighted) grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
  • All dual-enrollment/dual-credit students must take the Accuplacer Test and must meet prerequisites for all approved courses at the college

Noncredit students

Noncredit students who enroll exclusively in noncredit courses may be granted admission without a minimum score on the ACT or SAT, a GED certificate or transcripts from a high school or college.