“What classes do I need to take”

Students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university are encouraged to consult the STARS guide for courses within a certain major. Students can complete the STARS Guide and follow the prompts to receive a transfer guide for their major.

Popular academic transfer courses may include: 

  • English 101 and English 102 (English composition) – Must have a qualifying ACT score of 18 or higher on the English subscore or ACCUPLACER score
  • History 101 and 102 (Western Civilization) or History 201 and 202 (United States History)
  • Psychology 200
  • Biology 103 and 104 (Fundamentals of Biology)
  • Math 115 (Precalculus Algebra/Trigonometry), Math 125 (Calculus I) – Must have a qualifying ACT score of 20 and above (dependent on the level of math requested) on the math subscore or ACCUPLACER score.

Online Courses–if applicable (students that desire to take an online course must complete the required eLearning Training after being admitted to the college before the Dual Enrollment Office can register a student for the desired course.

NOTE:  Students are responsible for sending ACT results to Chattahoochee Valley Community College for English and Math, and Biology placement consideration.  If a student does not have an ACT score, the student may take the ACCUPLACER for placement consideration.  Information about the ACCUPLACER can be found on our website or by contacting testing center.

Career-technical programs (eligible for Career Technical DE Scholarship –until funds are depleted)

Air Conditioning/Refrigeration
Automotive Manufacturing
Business and Office Technology *
Child Development Associate
Computer Information System    *
Emergency Medical Technician *
Industrial Systems/Industrial Maintenance Technology
Medical Assistant *
Nursing Assisting  *

Career Tech Scholarship funds might be available for High-Demand/High-Wage career technical areas (strictly based on funding).   These courses are denoted in the listing above.

*Restrictions regarding program entrance requirements and courses exist within dual enrollment.