Dual Enrollment FAQ

When do dual enrollment classes meet? All dual enrollment classes adhere to the Chattahoochee Valley Community College semester calendar, regardless of location. A course schedule for each semester is available on college’s website and can be  downloaded from www.cv.edu. Chattahoochee Valley Community College follows a schedule of three terms: fall, spring, and summer semesters.

What are the fees and tuition for these courses?
Tuition and fees are the same as any other college class, regardless of location, and are payable on the same schedule as any Chattahoochee Valley Community College student. This schedule can be found under Tuition and Fees on our website. The cost for a 3-credit class is currently $450.00 to include tuition and fees (2017-18 CVCC Catalog and Handbook)

. Are dual enrollment classes the same as any other college class?
The courses offered are taught as any other college class with fully-credentialed Chattahoochee Valley Community College faculty using the same textbooks and syllabi whether taught on a high school campus or on a CVCC campus.

What steps are suggested for becoming a dually-enrolled student?
First of all, students should talk to their parent or guardian for his or her support and permission. Secondly, students should talk with their high school counselor or career director to decide if the program is the right choice and to gather assistance in completing the necessary paperwork. Next, the counselor/director will contact the dual enrollment coordinator to set up the admissions process. Students may contact the dual enrollment coordinator directly, but the information will ultimately be shared with the high school counselor to verify eligibility and coursework. The next step would be to take the ACT or ACCUPLACER test for course placement, if needed. The final step includes the actual course registration and the payment of tuition and fees.

Is the ACCUPLACER test required to dual enroll?
The ACCUPLACER test is not required for an admission. However, if a student plans to take an academic course and has not taken the SAT or ACT, the ACCUPLACER test is required for placement. All students must take the ACCUPLACER by 12th grade. Certain programs will require ACCUPLACER scores to enter the program regardless of grade level.

What scores do I need on my ACT to place in English 101 and math classes?
An 18 or higher on the English portion of the ACT is required for enrollment in English 101.

Students planning to take a math course with an ACT mathematics score of 20 or higher are exempted from the ACCUPLACER placement test. Placement of these students will be evaluated using the following criteria:
ACT math score 20-21 Math 100 Intermediate College Algebra
ACT math score 22 Math 112 (Pre-calculus with Algebra)
ACT math score 23- or higher for MTH 115 (Pre-calculus and MTH 125 (Calculus I) See DE Coordinator for criteria.

What else should I know?
Students should work very closely with their guidance counselors during the process of admission. Students may also contact Chattahoochee Valley Community College’s dual enrollment department at dualenrollment@piratemail.cv.edu  for more information.