CVCC Offers Community Scholarships in Midst of COVID-19
PHENIX CITY, AL— Chattahoochee Valley Community College (CVCC) is saying “Come back home” to former students with a special scholarship offering. Students who did not return to the College after the Spring 2020 term when COVID-19 hit may be eligible for The Community Scholarship for the Spring 2021 term. The concept is a buy-one get-one free arrangement that will allow eligible students to receive a maximum of six credit hours of tuition free. CVCC President Jackie Screws is eager to be able to offer relief to students and their families who are feeling the financial and emotional burden of COVID-19.
“Times of uncertainty are also times of opportunities,” said President Jackie Screws. “This scholarship is indeed an opportunity for students to finish strong, to finish what they have started or even to work toward a new career goal and complete that degree or certificate.”
CVCC is committed to filling 100 scholarship opportunities to eligible students on a first-comefirst-serve basis. The Community Scholarship is available to students who meet the following qualifications:
- Students must have successfully completed a minimum of 30 semester hours and stopped out for the summer 2020 and/or fall 2020 terms
- The scholarship is available to credit students only and will apply to tuition only
- Students must complete the FAFSA
- Students must apply for re-admission to the College
- Students must have at least a 2.0 grade point average upon re-entry
- The cost of the free class(es) will apply to equivalent credit hours of the purchased class(es) for a maximum of six (6) credit hours. (Example: John is enrolled in 12 credit hours. He will pay the tuition and fees for six (6) credit hours, and the fees for the remaining six (6) credit hours and will be granted a waiver for tuition only for six (6) credit hours.)
Priority will be given to applicable students completing all eligibility requirements by December 11, 2020. A brief scholarship form must be obtained from the Admissions office by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the community scholarships, CVCC Foundation Scholarships are also available for the Spring term for both current and incoming students depending on individual scholarship criteria. Please visit www.cv.edu for qualifications on all scholarship opportunities. Spring registration is open now. For questions regarding scholarships, please contact email@example.com or 334-291-4903. For registration information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 334-291-4929. Spring classes begin January 8.