The mission of the Adult Education Division is to improve the educational levels of adults by providing academic instruction that leads to stronger literacy skills, successful completion of the GED Exam and ASVAB score improvement, which are the gateways to postsecondary education, skilled employment and life-long learning.
CVCC is excited to offer FREE Adult Education opportunities in the following areas:
- Basic Skills (English, Math, Reading, Social Studies, Science)
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Preparation for the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Batter (ASVAB)
- Preparation for the COMPASS test
- Preparation for the General Educational Development (GED) high school equivalency test
- Preparation for the WorkKeys test
- All 16 and 17 year olds must be officially withdrawn from their previously attended school and documentation signed by the Principal, Superintendant or Headmaster is required
- Not enrolled in secondary school
- Not required to be enrolled in secondary school
- Lacks secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent, or has not achieved an equivalent level of education; or
- Is unable to speak, read, or write the English language
ASVAB: Assistance is available for men and women who are studying for the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test.
COMPASS: The COMPASS exam is administered four days of the week on CVCC’s campus. It is a placement test for students enrolling in the College.
GED Preparation: The official GED Process for CVCC can be found here.
GED Testing: The GED test is administered by the Counseling & Advising Office, and information on test times and dates are available here.
GED Graduation: Each spring, there is a GED Graduation to honor our participants who earn their GED.
WorkKeys Certification: This certification provides evidence to prospective employers that you have the skills and abilities to perform an entry-level job successfully. More information is available here.
|Director of Adult Education||Laodecea Seay
|Secretary, Adult Education||Robin Rudd